Change for the Better pubilc meetings - what has happened so far
North West London Hospitals NHS Trust, Brent Primary Care Trust and Harrow Primary Care Trust (PCT) are holding two public meetings to report back to local people discussions held during the Change for the Better programme.
The meetings will be held on:
Tuesday 20 March from 6.30 to 8.30 at Willesden Centre for Health and Care, Robson Avenue, NW10 3RY.
Thursday 29 March from 6.30 to 8.30 at Wealdstone Centre, 38-40 High Street, HA3 7AE.
Change for the Better was launched in November last year and was designed to give as many people as possible the opportunity to give their views about how they would like to see local health services designed in the future.
In the last four months:
- More than 50 people attended the Change for the Better launch event designed to raise awareness about the programme
- More than 90 people attended the Change for the Better stakeholder day event on 11 December which included a wide range of people from the health service, public sector partners, voluntary and community sector.
- Four public workshops were held in Brent and Harrow in November.
- PCT and Trust staff have also attended 10 community group meetings to discuss Change for the Better.
- An event for clinical staff across all three organisations was held in February and an event about children’s services was held on Wednesday 7 March.
Chief Executive of North West London Hospitals NHS Trust, Mary Wells, said: “We would really encourage people to come along to the public meetings where we will feedback what has been discussed during the Change for the Better programme before the final report is published in April.
“The report will pull together all the feedback we have received during the discussion period and will be made public. It will also be used to inform more detailed proposals for how health services should be delivered and be considered by the Boards of the PCTs and Trust.”
Chief Executive of Harrow Primary Care Trust, Andrew Morgan, said: “The Change for the Better programme puts us in a strong position and means that we will be better placed to respond to any consultation as a result of the wider pan London and north west London reviews which are being carried out by NHS London.”
He went on to say that if there were any proposed major service changes in the light of Change for the Better and the pan London review, these would be subject to a further period of formal public consultation and that no dates for consultation have been decided.
Chief Executive of Brent PCT, Nigel Webb, said “On behalf of all three organisations I would like to thank members of the community for their contribution to this informal discussion period.”
More information about Change for the Better. The final report will also be published on this website.
Notes to editors
- Members of the press are invited to an informal briefing before the public meetings with the chief executives of the PCTs and North West London Hospitals NHS Trust.
The briefing will be held on 19 March at Northwick Park Hospital at 4.00pm. Please RSVP to Sarah McKellar in the press office on 020 8869 2421. On arrival please report to the media and communications office on level four near the main entrance of Northwick Park Hospital.
For more information contact:
- For Harrow PCT, Karen Butler on 020 8966 1031
- For Brent Teaching PCT, Caroline McGuane on 020 8795 6109
- For North West London Hospital NHS Trust, Sarah McKellar on 020 8869 2421