We Care initiatives
- Our promise. We have launched our nursing and midwifery promise to our patients so they know what to expect from us. These are things such as ensuring dignity and respect.
- Patient experience trackers. New hand held monitors are being used in our hospitals to carry out ‘on the spot’ surveys of patients. We have also piloted special discharge surveys for patients on some of our wards and this will be rolled out across the Trust.
- Patient stories. Staff are being trained to interview patients to identify key themes of their experience. These are then being presented at local staff meetings so that issues can be addressed.
- Training sessions and interviews are being held with key staff across the hospital to help them deliver the 3Cs. Teams of staff are being invited to pilot the ‘We Care’ project in their area.
- Mystery shoppers. Our mystery shoppers have been observing hand washing in our clinical areas over the last year and will be involved in other projects such as telephone answering and how we meet and greet patients and visitors on wards and reception areas.
- Bereavement co-ordinator. This new role has been established to better meet the needs of families and patients as they approach the end of their life.